SY_5sPL8WYlH0ImcdYx58pUime4 Relationships thru Social Media: Relationships, Face Book and the First Post of the Day

Monday, April 2, 2012

Relationships, Face Book and the First Post of the Day

I love using the medium of FaceBook, I actually lose track of time when I jump on there in the morning to leave my first post... A morning post usually before I go to work is an essential, other wise there might be hell to pay... Seems I have through time developed a little bit of a following on my morning posts and primarily female I might add... Which being the heterosexual that I am, is a terrible thing... (Tongue firmly placed in Cheek)

I try and cover just basic things that are positive by nature, all wrapped around the necessities of morning, coffee = cognitive thought... A positive post, on attracting continued response is a have too... No one wants to listen or read per say, negative after negative... Women, at least from my experience, and please for god sakes don't take me as a expert on women, "NO Man" and I mean "NO Man" can ever be a expert on women. They let you think you are starting to get a handle on figuring them out, then they do an about face and go off in a completely different direction.. So I am grasping and stating based on what has happened, not trying definitively to see into the female future...

I got side tracked here for a moment, like my beagle chasin a rabbit, then see's a squirrel.. On my morning posts I never hang my hat on anything negative, if bringing up what maybe a negative subject I always try and find the silver lining in it..

"Glass is always half full theory"

But for the most part I always stay in the land of positive!!! I always end my first posts of the day with "Sending out smiles from Ackerson Lake" in some form and closing with "Peace Y'all".. A little southern vernacular never hurt anybody and God knows I speak my southern English as natural as I please, in stealing lyrics from the country group Alabama... I stay always being myself, which is always the best person for you to always put out there...

No complications that way... And you never get lost on who you are putting out there, by just being yourself...

Back to the first post of the day, like I said before, I need to watch it cuz I do get side tracked easily.. lol Just like the time with my first wife, yes I said first wife... That subject matter will be broached in another post down the road... Life experience can grant you wisdom, especially from the Land of Mistakes... Any way the first time my 1st wife and I drove on Daytona Beach, talking convertible on the sand I am trying to take it all in, the surf, sand, all the ambiance.. I nearly drove into the ocean, see there were these two blondes with string bikinis on walking towards the beach and string wasn't quite right, dental floss would be more like it and after spending the last couple of years in the frozen tundra of the northern plains states, seeing those blonde, shall I say beauties, definitely caught my eye and focused my attention else where other than driving on the beach. Well my wife got me refocused quickly with a sharp elbow to the ribs and a rhetorical question "What are you looking at?"... So needless to say with example, I do have this tendency to side track and sometimes it can be painful getting back on track... Still smiling though after all these years on that memory...

I am relatively consistent in my daily first post, always starting with a general greeting to all, example, "Good morning face book familia"... I am of Italian heritage and integrate or try and integrate some of my heritage in on occasion.. Another little tidbit on letting people know who you are... Then I always go off on my coffee, a great ice breaker, tons of people drink coffee and those that don't will comment with their beverage of choice, clanking mugs and well wishes of a good day.. Light and fluffy it is, but it lays the ground work for ease in communicating.. Wednesdays are always "Happy Hump Day", and Friday's, "Happy TGIF"..

Common ground and laying positive groundwork leads to a greater ease in return of communication, thus friendship aspects and that of greater relationship possibilities down the road.. Everything is wrapped around positive communication...

Now I am out going to say the least and a lot of you out there aren't... And I truly mean always be yourself, there is enough game playing going on out there in face book land and in time people will see through a facade and it will leave you with the feeling of having dog bone underwear on, as people are chewing on your ASS, so to speak... So tailor your first post of the day to your personality, create hooks that are identifiable to you...

Hooks equal words or phases people can associate to you... I will go into greater detail on hooks in a future post. What I want to impress upon you today in your first post of the day, is making it your own and try and connect with the masses not just one individual. I don't know how many times I have been told when getting friend requests from people, usually women I don't know, is how a mutual friend of ours has shared my first morning post with this person and they liked it and wanted to be friends... All because of the positive approach I put out there in the Land of Face Book..

Let me recap what we have covered today, since in my own amid able fashion, I have gotten side tracked on occasion here..

  • Start out with a general greeting to the masses..
  • Find a hook topic to incorporate daily, coffee, weather, sports, kids, politics ect..
  • Always stay positive, even when dealing with negative subject matter, find a silver lining..
  • Show feeling and caring in your post... This doesn't show weakness, but strength in compassion.
  • End your post with a thought or a gesture... My example "Peace Y'all", "Smiles from Ackerson Lake"...

In doing these things you are breaking down walls with people and will encourage response and interaction.. I have written here mostly targeting males, this is truly a Venus and Mars thing, the Genders are as different as the day is long. And finding someone special, non gender specific, both traditional or non traditional pairings, aka alternative life styles or people in general to have social interaction with takes being yourself, but also formulating common ground from which communication can grow.. So one must bend a little, adapt to the needs of those you want to focus on and reach, to attain what you seek in social media for relationships and interaction.

I don't profess to know it all, I just know what works for me, I have nearly 2500 friends on face book, of which 22-2300 are female, there is a reason for this... My voice in radio dictated demographics of predominantly women following me, on face book, style and the written word have taken the place of baritone conveyance.. I am just using what I do, which is me being me and certain methodology to garner what I am looking for in relationships within the confines of Social Media..

Y'all have a great day and thank you for stopping by to read and ponder my thought process... My next post will cover what I do for thoughts for the day and to drive more response of mostly the positive nature mind you, from those of the fairer sex...

I love triggering Venus to communicate with Mars... So way cool...

Please leave comments, constructive preferred and let me know what you think..

From the tranquil shores of the Michigan Lake they call Ackerson, smiles to you my friends, until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment